If you have been reading this weekly series you may have noticed a trend – guns & ammo.
I have made some strides over the past few months especially in food storage. My latest order from Emergency Essentials should be arriving this week. Still need to put back some more rice, beans, salt, sugar, etc. Freeze dried food is my main priority now for food stockpiling.
Here’s what I have done prepping this past week:
- I sold off 4,000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag .22LR and funded the purchase of a used Ruger SR9 9mm pistol. A few days later I traded it plus $200 for an AR-15. The AR only had a total of 30 rounds shot through it. I know the history and build as a friend of mine built it. I’ll post a picture soon.
……and yes, another gun.
- Local Cabela’s is having a huge 2nd Amendment sale. Went in to check things out and found an unadvertised special – Century Arms RAS47.
I love the AK-47 and its variants. Drawback is this is another caliber and magazine type I need to stock. That’s fine. I have been needing to increase my long gun count so this helps(in addition to the AR already mentioned).
- 280 rounds of Tula 122 grain 7.62 x 39mm rounds for the aforementioned RAS47. Paid $4.96 for each box of 20, Best price I have seen in years.
- Added 2 jars of peanut butter to the freezer. Totals up to 10 I believe.
- Went to the local Dollar Tree and bought men’s deodorant, 2 women’s, and 5 tubes of triple antibiotic.
- Happy Valentines Day everyone.