This past week had me thinking a lot about preparedness and goals to reach over the next 18 months. Feel pretty good where I’m at and where I need to go.
Over this past week:
- Finished reading the book Behold, Darkness, and Sorrow: Seven Cows, Ugly, and Gaunt Book One. What a fantastic read. Of all the Mark Goodwin books I have read this is my favorite. The title might be weird but it was so good. I can’t wait for Book Two.
- Took advantage of a $20 off $100 Purchase coupon at Cabela’s and picked up a few things: Magpul Rear Flip-Up Sights, Magpul Front Flip-Up Sights, and a Magpul Front AFG2 Angled Foregrip.
- I managed to assemble the parts to attach a Sawyer Mini Water Filter to a bucket. This allows several gallons of water to be filtered at one time with the Sawyer. Works great! It was not easy to locate the necessary parts.
- Received notice that my Polymer80 Glock 80% Lower has shipped. I pre-ordered this a few months ago kinda on an impulse. It will make an interesting project gun.
- Planted a few more things in the garden which is doing well. A few days of rain really helped the corn burst into the sky.
- Delivered the bug out trailer to local fabrication shop to add an enclosed tailgate. Hope it will be done this week. Next up is building a wooden top hinged on one end.
- Put back 3 pounds of salt and 2 jars of peanut butter(freezer). Completed seed banks for all group members. Filled 2 propane tanks and one 5 gallon gas can.
So – what have you done this past week?