What foods to store in a food storage program is a popular topic – but what about making meals from that food? Not so much.
For this week’s recipe, I put together something very tasty – Knorr Chicken Flavored Rice & Canned Chicken. Knorr packaged sides are very popular with preppers. There are many flavors and and are very inexpensive. Many take these small mylar packages and add them to food storage buckets as part of a food storage program.
For this recipe, I picked up a pack of Knorr Rice Sides in chicken flavor. The cost was an even $1.00. All that is required for preparation is boiled water. Added to complete this simple meal is a single can of cooked chicken – $1.65 on sale.
Here we go…..
- 1 can chicken
- 1 package Knorr Rice Sides Chicken Flavor
- 2 cups water
- measure out 2 cups water
- pour the water in a small pot
- add the Knorr rice to the water
- bring water/rice mix to a boil
- turn off heat
- add drained can of chicken to rice and stir
- cover pot and let sit for 5-7 minutes
- stir one final time and serve.
This is a great meal for preppers. Preparation is incredibly easy and for around $2.50 you get a total of 825 calories and 60 valuable grams of protein. Hard to beat!