Note: My wife introduced me to this recipe after seeing it over at Lecremedelacrumb.com.
This oven or grill steak and potato recipe offers up some savory flavors and can be easily modified depending upon available ingredients.
Growing up in a meat and potato family(and pasta every Wednesday), this recipe has become a frequent offering at the dinner table.
Juicy, tender steak with potatoes and an assortment of flavorings including GARLIC – can’t get much better.
A few notes:
- The rarer you desire the steak to be the larger the pieces should be cut.
- Generally, chunks should be between 1″ – 2″ cubes.
- Total cook time should be around 20 – 30 minutes.
- 2-2½ pounds top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into cubes
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, quartered or halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Note: Weber CHOP ‘N STEAK Seasoning is a multi-use seasoning that can be used if all flavoring ingredients are unavailable.
- Combine potatoes, steak, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Tear off four 12 x 12-inch sheets of aluminum foil or 12 x 24 inch to double wrap. Divide steak and potatoes between all four sheets and wrap the foil tightly.
- Grill over high heat for approx 20-25 minutes or bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Additional spices can be added by opening the foil packets and add as desired.